Jump to the content zone at the center

How do foreign adoptive parents of ROC citizen children file for termination of adoptive relationship?

(I) Application Process:
1. The adoptive parents or adoptee should apply at any household registration office.
2. When the adopting parents are unable to apply in person, they may appoint a representative by power of attorney (power of attorney established abroad must be translated into Chinese and notarized by R.O.C. foreign missions); that person with power of attorney must be approved by jurisdictional household registration office.
3. A notarized approval shall be applied from court if the adopted children are under age.
4. The child shall revert to his/her birth name; the full names of the adoptive parent shall be de-registered.
(II) Required Documentation:
1. Applicant’s identification and seal (or signature).
2. The child’s household registration and ROC identification (except in cases where ROC ID has not been issued).
3. Legal documentation certifying termination of adoption that is recognized by ROC and foreign laws. (Those filing abroad must have documentation translated into Chinese and notarized by R.O.C. foreign missions.)